syncing users to slave system

rado rado at rivers-bend.com
Fri Apr 29 18:28:45 UTC 2005

> > Hi!
> > I am trying to sync all user files from a box running as master to a
> > slave system.
> >
> > the files I know where and should sync are:
> > 	/etc/passwd
> > 	/etc/shadow
> > 	/etc/group
> > 	/etc/skel
> >
> > I cannot seem to find the files that hold the users
> >
> > also...if there are any other files y'all can think of that would be
> > necessary for this task.
> >
> > thx
> > John Rose
> > --
> > rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>
>

> Try /home
>
> Sasa

omg! ...I sure was making that way too hard huh? If they are users they
have a home dir...and passwd has all the users listed and what group
they are in...really showed my ignorance but I am not concerned w/that
sort of thing.

thx a bunch, Sasa

john rose

--
My wife is always bitchin, "always changing diapers". I don't know why
she's bitching, after all, it's her mother and father!