Solved: Gnome Terminal problems

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Fri Apr 29 20:49:10 UTC 2005

http://www.livejournal.com/users/wtogami/ :
 > http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/vte/
 > Upstream made a new release of vte so I made these test packages for
FC3 and FC4. It is too late for FC4test3 but will try to push it into
FC4. Changes between FC4's previous patched vte and this version are
very small, but whatever else changed seems to have fixed the most
common rendering bugs that annoyed me. It even seems both fast and
smooth when displaying lots of text now.
 > Anyhow if you are annoyed by gnome-terminal's glacial slowness please
test the above packages. If this proves to be stable this may go into
FC3 updates soon.

Thank you Warren Togami! I have been frustrated with Gnome Terminal's
visual glitches for years. Now thanks to your VTE rpm they are gone!