FC3 install fails

Scott A. Zanke zank at zank.com
Sat Apr 30 00:27:13 UTC 2005

Hello,
I can't get FC3 to install. I am currently running FC1 on this box and
have run RH7.3, 8 and 9 on it.
Athlon 1Ghz, 768MB ram, TNT2 graphics card, Linksys LNE 100TX V5 nic,
FC1 on HDB and Windows 2000 Pro on HDA using GRUB.
I tried linux ide-nodma and the media check runs fine.
Once Anaconda starts things get ugly. Tons of fast scrolling text most
of which I believe says Bad Page State then it ends with..
VFS: cannot open root device "(null)" on unknown-block(8,3)
Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(8,3)
I've been digging through the archives but haven't found anything that
relates.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott