How can I complete a nearly finished but interrupted FC3 install?

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Mon Apr 25 14:31:05 UTC 2005

I tried to install FC3 on a new machine using CD's that I had used
successfully before.

With about 95% of the packages installed, the screen froze while
installing from CD3.  After restarting the system, I tried to resume the
install using the "update" function but that expects a completed
installation.  I then did the media check and CD3 failed it.  CD2 also
failed, although it had completed its part of the installation.

I looked at the system with the rescue function and it looks like most
of the important packages are there.  (I will have to update everything
anyway.)  However, it is missing the configuration steps that are done
after the packages are installed, like setting up Grub, setting up X,
and so forth.

Right now, the system won't boot into Linux because the install wasn't
finished.

Is there any way I can complete the install without starting all over
with a new set of disks?

Stan Klein