fedora install using floppy

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 16:13:21 UTC 2005

hi...

still struggling with this issue..

for those new to the problems, we have a number of systems that only have
floppies.. we need to be able to install FC3 on the systems. we have the FC3
iso files on a http/ftp server on the network. our need is to somehow come
up with a floppy that will allow us to insert the floppy, load any required
drivers, and allow us to start the Fedora installation process.

we imagine the floppy should have what ever allows it to do a basic shell/os
install. in other words, we shouldn't initially assume that the current
underlying HD has a valid OS.

we know this was posible with RH8, as some of the machines had RH8 on them
already...

any ideas/thoughts on this...

bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net