Ghost 2003 and FC 3

I just got a DVD writer for my FC 3 machine so I could ghost the
entire drive.  I have Norton Ghost 2003.  I remember having no
problems ghosting other Linux distros.  When I try to ghost this time,
however, it errors at the start with a read sector failure.  Is this a
known issue? Ghost 2003 should work with ext3 filesystems just fine.
Are there any other good ghosting progs?  I have used "g4u" with
FreeBSD and it is real nice; however, I'd rather have something to
backup an entire hard-drive right on to a DVD.