screen flashing to black every several seconds

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Apr 1 05:51:10 UTC 2005

For no explainable reason, my graphic interface has gone crazy. It
flashes to black for a moment everal several seconds. Nothing else seems
to be affected. If I'm typing, words keep getting put in the doc.
Downloads continue, etc... I loaded some of the latest patches/updates
last night. Apart from that this machine was idle all day. It's up on
the net with Firestarter providing pretty strict rules. I just tried
downloading/installing the latest ATI Radeon 9200 video driver from ATI.
I searched the list for similar behavior, but couldn't find anything.
What could have changed in my absence??? Have I been hacked by someone?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA