updates & time

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 16:48:39 UTC 2005

Raghavendra Moktali wrote:
> how does a user on dial up manage this? looks line this thing is forcing
> me to get a dsl connection

With difficulty.

With a subscription to fedora-announce-list, looking at the [SECURITY]
tag, knowing what you're running, and working out which updates you do
need. (If you use XEmacs and note that there is a movemail format
vulnerability, you might note that you're only vulnerable if you use
XEmacs to connect to a malicious POP server. If you don't use that, or
you can be sure your POP server and the connection to it is safe, why
bother upgrading?)

With a good firewall.

With something like
http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/compilations/#pid52847
or a friend with a fast Internet connection.

I was there for a long time. And I'm glad I'm still not there, but it is
possible.

I suppose there might be a market for a repository only containing
security updates, too.

James.
--
E-mail address: james |  ... more holes in Internet Explorer than
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Blackburn, Lancashire...