Up2date problem

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 1 16:49:04 UTC 2005

Kam Leo said:
> On Apr 1, 2005 7:20 AM, William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> Kam Leo said:
>>

>>> You encountered what I consider one of the biggest annoyances with
>>> up2date.  You get notification about available updates, run up2date,
>>> and the repository and/or mirror from mirrorlist has not gotten
>>> resynced..
>>>
>>> So here are some possible actions that you can take:
>>>

>>> 1. Do not react immediately upon receiving an update notification.
>>> Wait several hours before trying so that the mirrors can sync up.
>>> 2. Disable the update agent.  Perform updates manually or update via a
>>>  cron job. 3. File either an RFE or a bug report in Bugzzilla,
>>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ .
>>>

>> 4. Configure up2date to use a fast mirror for you rather than relying
>> on the default mirror list.  If up2date and rhn-applet are looking at
>> the same mirror you won't have any problem.
>>

> Tried both the mirrorlist and fast local mirrors

Mirror_s_.  As long as you have multiple mirrors configured there is a
chance that one will update before another.  Pointing to a single mirror
will eliminate that.

[snip]

> What mirror are you using to get such good results?

A local lan-only one, but _what_ mirror doesn't matter, the _number_ of
mirrors being more than one is what matters.

--
William Hooper