Re: How to get yum to install mplayer

jim lawrence wrote:
On Apr 1, 2005 11:47 AM, jim lawrence <fedorajim gmail com> wrote:

On Apr 1, 2005 11:46 AM, kevin kempter dataintellect com
<kevin kempter dataintellect com> wrote:

What config files do I change, and which sources do I add to the config files
to get yum to install mplayer?

see id you have a freshrpms repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/ if not you can do the following

as root   gedit /etc/yum.repos/d/freshrpms.repo
add the following
# repo for Freshrpms
[freshrpms]
name=FreshRPMs
mirrorlist=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/mirrors-freshrpms
enabled=0
#gpgcheck=1

save and exit
yum check-update
yum install mplayer mplayer-skins mplayer-fonts

forgot you need this to as root rpm --import http://freshrpms.net/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt

Note that you can set up the freshrpms repo file *and* import the GPG key in one step by doing:
# rpm -Uvh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/3/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.fr.noarch.rpm

Paul.