Trouble setting up an HP Deskjet 9300 on USB

Hi!

For some reason, I am not having any success at setting up an HP Deskjet
9300 on USB for my FC3 notebook. CUPS allows me to select a "ptal" port
which I've never seen before, or parallel. I have not tried parallel,
although I will later just to make sure the thing works.

My FC3 notebook is able to use USB memory sticks just fine, but I am
having no success in getting this USB printer configured. Searches using
Google, MARC, and linuxprinting.org are getting me nowhere.

Anyone have pointers to other docs I should read, or hints in setting
this printer up properly?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz simpaticus com>