Ide=nodma is "loosing too many ticks"

Richard Molen rvmolen at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 18:33:53 UTC 2005

--- Mark <msalists at gmx.net> wrote:
> Is there no easier solution that this?

> > > I got the following problem after my FC3 install:
> > >
> > > Losing too many ticks!
> > > TSC cannot be used as a timesource.
> > > Possible reasons for this are:
> > >   You're running with Speedstep,
> > >   You don't have DMA enabled for your hard disk (see hdparm),
> > >   Incorrect TSC synchronization on an SMP system (see
> > dmesg). Falling
> > > back to a sane timesource now.

> > You may need to compile a custom kernel with the correct
> > driver for your motherboard.  Or perhaps get try an updated kernel.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Molen

There may be an easier way of installing FC3 if you use a driver disk
to get the correct driver at install time.  See thread in this list
"Install FC3 (Fedora Core 3) on Dell 4300 w/ SCSI Perc 2/SC" for
similar problem.

Consider posting your motherboard info and the output of the
lspci command.

--
Richard Molen