[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: symbol lookup errors when yummed from kde-redhat repos



On Apr 1, 2005 10:45 AM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive flashmail com> wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
> 
> > Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >
> >> Paul Howarth wrote:
> >>
> >>> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:24 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>> I always seem to get sysmbol lookup errors with programs I yum from
> >>>> the kde-redhat repos. The error looks like the one bellow. I got
> >>>> somethign similiar when i yumed amarok.
> >>>>
> >>>> digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdigikam.so.0: undefined
> >>>> symbol: _ZN11KMainWindow7setIconERK7QPixmap
> >>>>
> >>>> What can i do to fix this?
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Problems like these are usually (I think) caused by incompatibilities
> >>> between the C++ compilers used to build the programs and the libraries
> >>> that they use. Are you absolutely sure that you've got the right
> >>> version
> >>> of the kde-redhat repos for the version of Fedora you're running?
> >>>
> >>> Paul.
> >>>
> >>>
> >> Due to ignorance on the topic I'm not absolutely sure. How do I check
> >> that I've gotten the right version?
> >
> >
> > You could post the /etc/yum.conf snippet or file from
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/ that configures your yum to get packages from
> > kde-redhat, and also state which version of Fedora you're running.
> >
> > Paul.
> >
> I am running Fedora Core 3 and I've attached the repo file:
> 
> 
> [kde-redhat-stable]
> name=kde-redhat-stable
> mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/stable/mirrors
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> 
> [kde-redhat-stable-all]
> name=kde-redhat-stable-all
> mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> 
> # NOTE: enable/disable *both* testing/testing-all together; requires/depends-on stable
> [kde-redhat-testing]
> name=kde-redhat-testing
> mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/testing/mirrors
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> 
> [kde-redhat-testing-all]
> name=kde-redhat-testing-all
> mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/testing/mirrors
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
> 
> # NOTE: enable/disable *both* unstable,unstable-all together; requires/depends-on testing
> [kde-redhat-unstable]
> name=kde-redhat-unstable
> mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/unstable/mirrors
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> 
> [kde-redhat-unstable-all]
> name=kde-redhat-unstable-all
> mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/unstable/mirrors
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> 
> 

No wonder you are getting unresolved symbols! You have the testing,
testing-all, unstable, and unstable-all repos enabled. By their very
nature these repos contain packages which are still in the test and
development stage.  You should change the "enabled=1" to "enabled=0"
for these repos.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]