[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: symbol lookup errors when yummed from kde-redhat repos



Kam Leo wrote:

On Apr 1, 2005 10:45 AM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive flashmail com> wrote:


Paul Howarth wrote:



Arthur Pemberton wrote:



Paul Howarth wrote:



On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:24 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:




I always seem to get sysmbol lookup errors with programs I yum from
the kde-redhat repos. The error looks like the one bellow. I got
somethign similiar when i yumed amarok.

digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdigikam.so.0: undefined
symbol: _ZN11KMainWindow7setIconERK7QPixmap

What can i do to fix this?




Problems like these are usually (I think) caused by incompatibilities between the C++ compilers used to build the programs and the libraries that they use. Are you absolutely sure that you've got the right version of the kde-redhat repos for the version of Fedora you're running?

Paul.




Due to ignorance on the topic I'm not absolutely sure. How do I check
that I've gotten the right version?


You could post the /etc/yum.conf snippet or file from
/etc/yum.repos.d/ that configures your yum to get packages from
kde-redhat, and also state which version of Fedora you're running.

Paul.



I am running Fedora Core 3 and I've attached the repo file:


[kde-redhat-stable] name=kde-redhat-stable mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/stable/mirrors enabled=1 gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-stable-all]
name=kde-redhat-stable-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

# NOTE: enable/disable *both* testing/testing-all together; requires/depends-on stable
[kde-redhat-testing]
name=kde-redhat-testing
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/testing/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-testing-all]
name=kde-redhat-testing-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/testing/mirrors
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

# NOTE: enable/disable *both* unstable,unstable-all together; requires/depends-on testing
[kde-redhat-unstable]
name=kde-redhat-unstable
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/unstable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-unstable-all]
name=kde-redhat-unstable-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/unstable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1





No wonder you are getting unresolved symbols! You have the testing, testing-all, unstable, and unstable-all repos enabled. By their very nature these repos contain packages which are still in the test and development stage. You should change the "enabled=1" to "enabled=0" for these repos.



:) Ok that loooks stupid on my part. However `yum list digikam` gives:

digikam.i386 0.7.1-0.fdr.2.3 kde-redhat-stabl

It did how install two dependencies.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]