Re: screen flashing to black every several seconds

Jim Cornette wrote:

Download all the xorg related rpms into a local directory and then run the command below from within this directory where you placed the rpms.

rpm -Uvh *.rpm --oldpackage

while you are root and preferably you are out of X and in a terminal. This should replace the new packages with the older versions. If you find that there are additional programs/libraries that also need to be rolled back, place these rpms within this directory and repeat the command above again.

I would *not* advice rpm -e or yum erase for going back in X versioning.

I have spent the better part of this day trying to understand how to do this without damaging my system. I learned much, but I was still far from feeling confident about trying something. Thank you for these instructions...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA