Re: Hardware Problem, Best Way to Diagnose

Also open the lid and check the capacitors on the
mainboard, if the tops loog bulged, cracked, or popped
open, they need replacing.  This is getting more &
more common now that computers are staying on for
longer periods.  I have replaced many a popped cap,
this mainboard I on now has been fixed 5 times.  The
symptoms are random crashes, lockups, and file
corruption.  It is usually the 2200s or 3300s around
the CPU.

Regards,

Kev :)

http://au.movies.yahoo.com