Re: Gmail thread properly?

Les Mikesell wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 12:20, dev loop gmail com wrote:

Its threated mail view option, combined with some filters, work really
good. The only reason, why I use GMail for my mailing lists
subscriptions, is the fact, that I have the mailing lists available
from every computer, when I am looking for some solution for example.

You can configure gmail to allow POP, keep a copy and archive it after POP pickup. Then you can read mostly from your favorite mailer and only use the gmail web interface when you are at a different machine or want to follow a thread back beyond what you have deleted locally.

I'm curious. I tried this but could not get it work, and concluded that it was our corporate (Symantec Enterprise Firewall) firewall. Are you going out to gmail from behind a firewall, and if so, did you have to enable anything special?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA