MPlayer Error

Kevin kvonb at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 14:44:50 UTC 2005

It sounds lik ea CODEC problem.  As far as I know you
can copy windows CODECS into the win32 directory of
mplayer and it picks them up and uses them.  But
please do a google for the correct way to do it as I
never have.

This is not a fix, but this is what I would do:

Use apt-get

(if you don't have it, go to this page:
http://www.linuxcompatible.org/thread27839-1.html
Download it and install it)

open a terminal, su to root,
type: apt-get install xine

I spent days messing about with dependencies, this
does the whole lot in on gracious hit, and worked
first time for me.

You could also try apt-get mplayer,
apt-get update mplayer

Good luck......Kev :)