Re: screen flashing to black every several seconds

How about trying a slightly older or newer ATI driver
over the top?  Also check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file
for the drivers, I included mine (which is a clean
install in the last hour, for reference).  Pay
particular attention to the "Modules" section and
"dri".  I would also check ACPI power management, and
also the video interrupt in the BIOS, maybe it should
be toggled (ie if it os on, turn it off and
vice/versa).

Good luck.....Kev :)

http://au.movies.yahoo.com