Grub sucks with Error 13!!!

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat Apr 2 15:10:07 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:53:03PM +0800, Didier Casse wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>                       I'm gonna bug again. I'm so irritated with
> Fedora at the moment. I'm installing it on a friend's laptop who's new
> to linux and everything start to suck more than M$ Windows.
>
> Now grub can't boot my friend's windows xp and complains:
>
> Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format
>
> I roughly know what it is but I want to know how to solve this. Can I
> have a helping hand? I spent some time dealing with it but it still
> stays the same. The linux part loads perfectly.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Didier.
Of course it would be interesting to ask to see your grub.conf. But
what makes you think it is a grub problem. All grub does is turn
execution to the xp boot loader. Why is this not a xp boot problem?
Unless there is no xp boot loader where grub is transferring control.
I once decorated my apartment entirely in ten foot salad forks!!
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.