FC 3 Install Success! - NOT

Fnally decided to make the change to FC3.  Installed from scratch (reformatted all drives), so no baggage to brng along.  After completion of install, all looked good. Upon reboot, I receive the following:

Systat failed to start - no such file/dir
s05kudzu failed to start - no such file/dir
Touch (cannot)
   /var/lock/subsys/kudzu
   /var/lock/subsys/iptables
   /var/lock/subsys/network

The system then stalls on stating the logger for about 90 seconds, then scrols through so many messages I cannot read them before they are off of the screen.

The login prompt is presented, then overwritten with:

INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I hit return and am able to get a new prompt and login as root, but receive the following:

-bash: id: command not found
-bash: [: =: unary operator expected
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: dircolors: command not found
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: [: =: unary operator expected
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: id: command not found
-bash: [: too many arguments

Also the:
INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

comes back about every 5 minutes.

I also note that my path and environment do not seem to be set up.

I am wondering if my logical volume setup is having/causing problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=55723&topic_id=14027&forum=1#forumpost55723