Figuring out Block Sizes

For g4u, there is a way to fill unused data blocks with zero-bytes in
order to make the backup smaller.  However, you got to give a bs =
amount (block size).  This may be a simple answer, but if say I have
25 GBs of unused data to write zero-blocks to, how do I figure out
what block size to use?  What's the coversion?