Re: Re: Anoying Peter Whalley Spam messages.

On Apr 3, 2005 8:33 AM, Sasa Stupar <sasa stupar homelinux net> wrote:

I'm getting them too. It's not that he is using spamassassin. He's
using something like TMDA. When an unrecognized address sends him
mail, his system returns a challenge to see if you are a legitimate
person. If you reply, then you go on his whitelist and future messages
from you will be accepted.

I am not responding to him.

If he doesn't have enough sense to know how to properly use a
challenge/response system with e-mail lists in the first place, then
he's obviously too stupid to know how to communicate at all, let alone
communicate about technical issues like Linux.

I think the most appropriate approach has already been taken... asking
the list administrator to remove his subscription.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)