Re: New mailing list scam

On Apr 3, 2005 12:12 PM, David Hoffman <dhoffman2004 gmail com> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2005 9:25 PM, Bob Rowlands <browlands53 yahoo com> wrote:
> >
> > >     I have never subscribed or recieved conformation
> > > from
> > > this .com re: their 'list'so its a scam,anybody else
> > > seeing
> > > similar.
>
> I got it too. I don't know if it's a scam or what... but apparently
> they are using mailman for something, and it shows I am subscribed.
>
> I used a dummy account to send a message to the list requester asking
> for list information and it bounced... from yet another domain.
>
> Something is screwy there... so into the filter they go.

It looks to me like they are setting up a mailing list to use for spam
purposes, but don't understand the software very well.  I unsubscribed
myself and then set up a filter (if you don't unsubscribe, the mails
will get sent and rejected at the receiving end, which means more junk
mail flying around the 'net and more work for my server).

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs metacon ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben steeves gmail com