missing dependency php

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Apr 4 05:05:20 UTC 2005

On 04/03/2005 09:36:30 PM, Jeff Vian wrote:

> Do you have any repos except fedora base and fedora updates enabled?
>
> If you do it may be trying to install a version of php-ldap and
> php-pear
> that is not compatible with the version of php installed.
>
> Check that and disable all that are not the fedora repos first.

I bet that's the case.
repositories are designed to solve what is known as "dependency hell" -
but when repositories exist that break the core repository, it just
reverts to the same dependency hell problem.

I really wish more of the repositories out there would seriously commit
to not breaking core/extras.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/