apt-get works better than yum

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 05:06:23 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 1:01 AM, Rick Lim <ricklim at telus.net> wrote:
> Who ever said apt-get was better than yum IMHO is right.

Apt-get on Debian is fantastic.  I've had limited experience on FC.

> On one system apt-get definely worked better, but on another system that I
> upgraded from FC1 to FC3 yum fails miserably and so does apt-get, here is
> what I get, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this one????

Yum on FC is very good as long as you stay within the distro version.
I've never tried upgrading with yum.

At the point that you think apt is better, you're almost better off
using Debian or Debian based systems.  The apt repositories for Debian
are more mature.

--
Jiann-Ming Su