FC 4, test cycles, etc.

I am about to change my machines and will need to install an OS from scratch.
I am interested in jumping into FC 4 but I would like to know how upgrading
through the test cycles is handled and once FC 4 becomes finalized if I would
be able to just move into the official realease without much problems OR if
fresh installs between phases is the acceptable, headache-free norm?