Ide=nodma is "loosing too many ticks"

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Mon Apr 4 19:43:53 UTC 2005

Hi Roberto,

> Dear Mark,
>
> I was able to work on my DMA using the article:
> http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2000/06/29/hdparm.html

Thanks for the link I'll check it out...

> What do you meean with the incorrect syncronization onf an SMP system
> and how could I fix this?
> Could you please suggest some changes?

No clue, that was part of the error message I got - I did not write that :)

I still am not sure if this is really a driver problem... It seems to me like my standard Dell box (about 2-3 years old) is really
nothing special, so the drivers should be pretty main-stream... But maybe I'm wrong...

I am also still not sure if this is really a problem or not...

MARK