FC2: init script not called at shutdown/reboot

Hegge, Johnathan jhegge at permeo.com
Mon Apr 4 20:49:10 UTC 2005

I wrote/modified a few init scripts, including one for HSQLDB, that I
have installed w/ chkconfig.  The scripts run fine at startup and work
well with the "service" command.  I noticed that they are not called at
shutdown individually, as are sshd, cron, etc.  I have links for them in
/etc/rc6.d, as configured by chkconfig, but they are not called, instead
just getting a SIGTERM.

I need to shut the database down properly, must I use "killproc" in
order for them to be processed?