AW: AW: AW: RAID greater than 2TB on Fedora Core 3

Masopust Christian christian.masopust at siemens.com
Mon Apr 4 21:43:21 UTC 2005

> Hi!  At the risk of starting another flame war, Christian, we prefer
> bottom-posting here on the list.

no problem, maybe you'll already found out that i'm new here ;-))

> > first thanks a lot for this detailed explaination!
>
> You know me...I'm nothing if not bombastic!  :-)
>
> > but (maybe stupid...), if it's possible to configure
> > the blocksize of my raid, it should be possible to access
> > greater raids than 2TB, right?
>
> Uhm, hmmm.  Good question.  I've never tried it.  I don't know if the
> mkfs utilities query the block size of the device to set up their inode
> tables or not (I'd have though that they'd have to).  I suppose you
> could give it a whirl and find out.
>
> If you try it, let me know, willya?  I don't have any equipment handy at
> the moment that I can sacrifice for an experiment (all our equipment is
> busy right now and all my money is tied up in debts!)

all right, i'll try it tomorrow and let you know if it's working. i already
found some other guy did a mkfs.xfs without running fdisk before to /dev/sda
and not /dev/sda1. but when i did this (without changing blocksize) i also
get only 2TB....

thanks,
christian