Re: Microsoft Fax Viewer files

kevin kempter dataintellect com wrote:
Anyone know of a Linux tool that will read M$ Fax TIFF files. Apparrantly they are not standard TIFF's because the Gimp will not open the file but the m$ fax viewer will. I guess the fools in redmond are trying to create their own standards again.

I believe eog "Eye Of Gnome" should do what you are wanting to open. I had success with opening .tif files with this. It rendered the images great for my purpose. (Open old scanned in files.)

Type 'eog' and give this program a try.

Jim

--
Work is the crab grass in the lawn of life.
		-- Schulz