x86_64 & -fPIC glib

Marco Prechel marcoprechel at mac.com
Tue Apr 5 04:25:23 UTC 2005

Hello all...

I have a dual opteron machine, running FC3 with the 2.6.10-770 kernel

I'm trying to get
courier-authlib  configured, however i'm having a bit of an issue ... due tot he 64bit architecture & the 32bit linking...

I passed a CFLAGS=-fPIC on to my vpopmail compile .. which worked out fine ... but now the system hangs on the authlib compile with the following errors - i was wondering if anybody would be able to possibly help me out?!

Error:
Compiling authvchkpw.c
authvchkpw.c: In function `auth_vchkpw_changepass':
authvchkpw.c:142: warning: passing arg 1 of `parse_email' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Compiling authvchkpwlib.c
Compiling preauthvchkpw.c
preauthvchkpw.c: In function `auth_vchkpw_pre':
preauthvchkpw.c:67: warning: passing arg 1 of `parse_email' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
preauthvchkpw.c:141: warning: passing arg 3 of `vset_lastauth' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Linking libauthvchkpw.la
/usr/bin/ld: /home/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.a(cdb_seek.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `read@@GLIBC_2.2.5' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libauthvchkpw.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/downloads/qmailrocks/courier-authlib-0.55'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/downloads/qmailrocks/courier-authlib-0.55'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root at swfl courier-authlib-0.55]#

Thanks guys :)

--marco