Anoying Peter Whalley Spam messages.

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:30:42 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 15:29 -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>
>>David Hoffman wrote:
>>

>>TMDA anoys people.  Period.  Even if they reply to chanlenges, most of
>>them are anoyed they had to jump through the loops in order to
>>communicate with you.  The fact you don't know they are anoyed (or don't
>>care to know) doesn't mean they are not anoyed.
>
> ---
> guilty as charged - any of my friends that send me these things that I
> must acknowledge to send them email goes into the bit bucket for the
> terminally clueless.
>
> Craig

My own feeling about using anti-spam measures that actively annoy people, as well as the spam issue in general, is that it's not a big enough issue to take such measures.  If you take reasonable precautions with your email address and use spam filtering, what gets through is not nearly as annoying as people telephoning your home selling credit card offers.  Just delete it, and move on.  Those who complain of getting thousands of spams a day should figure out what they may have done to encourage such a situation, learn from their mistakes, and swallow the inconvenience of getting a new email address.