Backing up Evolution emails and account information

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 5 17:18:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 09:17 -0400, jim lawrence wrote:
> I believe you can copy the .evolution folder  from your home directory
> this folder has everything for evolution pertaining to your account

Nope. Passwords and some other info are stored by gconf-something. Check
the archives [1] for an older thread in which I participated and where a
couple of people explained it well. But you need to back up two things,
the .evolution directory and an exported set of stuff from gconf-
something.

[1] Check the archives for both fedora-list and fedora-test-list. And
please, use MARC (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com) to save your sanity...
the Red Hat archives are useless.

Cheers,

--