To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: imap client issues

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 15:25, Michael A. Peters wrote:
Set up dovecot -

fetchmail --> procmail --> Maildir

Evolution - can read the mail just fine, but seems to have same problem
as Eudora, it seems to assume the check password is same as smtp
password.

I've never really used Evolution, but I took a quick look at there are
different tabs for Receiving Mail and Sending Mail under Evolution Account
Editor (from Tools -> Settings), which you can specify different username &
passwd for Sending and Receiving Mail.

As far as Eudora goes, I'll look for another windows mail client if I
can't find a solution for that (on a different resource)

You can try Thunderbird from mozilla.org

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy