Re: How to upgarde versions through apt/yum - possible ?

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 10:46 -0400, David Curry wrote:

SNIP

I understand your question about "upgrading" as asking about changing from one Fedora Core distribution to another as in FC2 --> FC3. If that is the case, you may be able to find something through Google that describes a procedure for upgrading a system through an ftp conection. Upgrading through synaptic might work, but I don't think synaptic/yum/up2date are designed to do that.

What makes you think this? You could not be further from the truth.

:-) Ignorance? :-)