Browsing network and open remote files

Hi! ... With FC3/GNOME, whit smb:///  I can browsing my local network
and access to shared folder of remote windows PC. OK.

But if I can open the remote files with (for example) oo.org for writing
(or reading), the file is not opened ....

Howto do this? I must previous mount locally the shared folder ?

which it is the better way in order to do this in GNOME ?

I must install some software?

Many thanks, and sorry for my bad english :-(

--
Dario Lesca <d lesca solinos it>