Is SpamAssassin kernel dependent?

Hi all,

when I run my FC2 server with the latest 2.6.10 (build 771) kernel,
spamassassin runs fine and almost all spam messages get flagged as such
and dealt with accordingly.
But since my machine keeps crashing with that kernel (reports of
ieee1394 errors, obscure memory errors) I'm running the 'highest' build
that doesn't have those issues which is 2.6.9-1.11_FC2. But now, a lot
of spam gets through (roughly 50%) undetected. This leads me to believe
that spamassassin behaves differently, depending on the running kernel.
Is there some truth to this? If so, what do I need to do, to make it
understand what to filter?

Best regards,
Chris