New to Linux

I am very new to Linux and am planning to install Fedora Core next week. The last time I tried to install Fedora Core 3 was on my x86 machine but I was frustrated not being able to connect to the internet. I have a PPPOE connection and have been supplied a service name, username and password. I couldn?t figure out how to supply the service name to Linux. I used RASPPPOE and Windows PPPOE driver in windows. The problem is I have a 64 bit machine now and 32 bit drivers or PPPOE don?t work so please help me out by giving detailed instructions on how to set up a PPPOE connection with service name in Fedora. Also one more question: Should I try FC3 or FC4 test 1 and how can I upgrade or update later on? I tried getting Mandrake Linux 10.1 but it was quite buggy and also had a known problem with hardware clock detection so I uninstalled it. FC doesn?t have this problem I guess. Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks.