Fedoraforum.org is now official?

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:36:05 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 8:36 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> I surely don't get the 'it was decided' and 'reached good solutions'
> that Gustavo is claiming and then creating the nexus that something
> unfairly was done.

Craig, would you mind quoting the exact moment I used the terms  'it
was decided' and 'reached good solutions' ? I don't reacall using them
in this way, and i just couldn't find it in this thread. however, I do
remember using 'it was suggested' or 'suggested good solutions'. The
difference is subtle but important: noone 'decided' anything. But
there were 'suggestions' that seemed to be more widely accepted, so I
may have writte 'better slutions' when referring to those.

> I thought it was clear from Warren's first post that
> the intent was to drive support needs to the forums. All of the
> discussion after that was the mental masturbation that this list is
> highly capable of doing and is a rather interesting form of amusement in
> and of itself.

In that you are right. Again, we have the vice of confusing
"community" with "democracy" (as was clearly cited before), and then
trying to stick our noses where they don't belong.

> In the end though, multiple, overlapping support options seem to be a
> different strokes for different folks thing.

There has never been an objection to that. But notice the
"overlapping" term you used yourself. This is the important detail
that can't be overstressed: give people the option to access the
information in any way they want, but keep all the information in the
same place.

The only question I would put is: is *any* post to fedoraforum appear
automatically in the list, and vice versa? (In other words, are they
just two different means to access the same information?)

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680