Sound on Asus A7N8X not working

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Apr 6 17:16:58 UTC 2005

Kevin wrote:
> --- Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
>
>>Allen Wayne Best wrote:
>>
>>>hi:
>>>I am attempting to get the sound working on my
>>
>>system, of the following:
>>
>>>Asus 87N8X-E motherboard
>>>AMD Athlon XP 2800+
>>>1.5 GBytes memory
>>
>>I don't know if FC3 requires the nVidia driver for
>>sound to work.  I
>>installed the nVidia driver from nVidia and all
>>worked well FC1 with
>>alsa.  As stated by others, check the volume
>>settings with the alsa mixer.
>>
>>I have to turn mine up after any reboot.
>>
>>--
>>Robin Laing
>>

> Dump it and get a seperate (off-board) sound card!  I
> just put an old Monstersound 3d in my FC2, and it is
> amazing, I've never had such good sound, even Return
> to Castle Wolfenstein now works!
>
> Woohoo!
>
> Now if I could just get winex to run :(

Why?  My sound card works great with anything I have tried.  5 channel
sound that is better than my home stereo (old stereo that it).  I have
no issues at all.  I cannot think of a single application that doesn't
work.  Once I installed the nVidia drivers all was well.  The nVidia
drivers were for the network ports as well.

I update my FC1 to ALSA and love it.

I am waiting for FC4 before I do an upgrade.  I just haven't had time
to move to FC2 or FC3.

--
Robin Laing