Mouse feeling

Hi all,

I just started using Linux, and am not very pleased how the mouse "feels". In windows xp you can both increase the mouse speed and the acceleration. But in fedora I can't get the right speed, only the acceleration can be adjusted (I used control center). Hence it is very insensitive when making small movements, and flies over the screen with larger moves.
How can I adjust the mouse speed?

Thanks in advance,

Bart van de Wal