Tripwire Install Problems

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Thu Apr 7 13:33:16 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> got the following when trying to run install.sh,

[snip]

> I downloaded the tar.gz from sourceforge as the tar.gz from tripwire's
> site gives errors when running /usr/sbin/tripwire --init and found this
> relevant post,

Save yourself some grief and simply download and install Tripwire
package from Fedora Extras:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/i386/

Tripwire source is anything but portable, and needs tweaking almost
every time major version of GCC is out.  Most likely, stock source will
not compile on Fedora.  My advice, again, get the RPM package from
Fedora Extras, don't waste time on compiling it on your own.

Note that /etc/tripwire/twinstall.sh script is renamed to
/usr/sbin/tripwire-setup-keyfiles.