What's up with gcc?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Apr 7 22:47:14 UTC 2005

Konstantin 'Ksee' Dmitryev (Zelgadis) wrote:

>>Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
>>
>>What exact error? Probably you're missing the -devel packages for the
>>build dependencies.....
>>

>I think ./configure complains about it if it was so...

Depends on the application... On some applications , ./configure dies
with a big warning saying "You dont have the XYZ libraries!".. On
others, it simply runs normally , creates the makefiles and you never
know why the build fails , until you have the great idea of checking the
few lines before the error and notice that "lame.h" doesnt exist , for
example.... I fought with mpeg4ip for quite some time before I realized
that I needed lame-devel....

--
Pedro Macedo