Re: What's up with gcc?

Konstantin 'Ksee' Dmitryev (Zelgadis) wrote:

Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

What exact error? Probably you're missing the -devel packages for the
build dependencies.....

I think ./configure complains about it if it was so...

Depends on the application... On some applications , ./configure dies with a big warning saying "You dont have the XYZ libraries!".. On others, it simply runs normally , creates the makefiles and you never know why the build fails , until you have the great idea of checking the few lines before the error and notice that "lame.h" doesnt exist , for example.... I fought with mpeg4ip for quite some time before I realized that I needed lame-devel....

--
Pedro Macedo