Re: Attn : Dave Jones Re: I just want one more option in the FC Kernels (Dave Jones)

On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 16:53, Dave Jones wrote:
>  >
>  > Likewise it drives me nuts that people downloading an iso and
>  > installing it today still get that $release because no one
>  > bothers to roll a new image.  Must not be that important
>  > after all...
>
> Rerolling an ISO has a number of problems. From increased load on
> mirrors, to issues like the installer needing to be updated for
> each release, additional testing etc.

I'm not convinced that having people continue to download outdated isos
and then have to pull down a massive amount of updates is really less
load than it would be to let them install something current in the
first place.

> It's not as simple as 'run some script, and out pops a new iso'.

Interesting...  I always install from the k12ltsp distribution instead
of a straight fedora because it is usually rebuilt with current updates.
And I think that's a one man show.  I always assumed the iso build was
scripted.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com