Re: Gnome GUI seems slugish, any ideas or optimizations?

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:40:37 -0800
Kam Leo <kam leo gmail com> wrote:

[Gnome sluggish, in particular gnome terminal)

> Zero cost options:  a) Reduce resolution, e.g. 1024x768
>                             b) Reduce color depth, e.g. 16-bit

For gnome terminal in partcular, don't use it.  Just set your default
terminal to be xterm instead.  Xterm opens instantaneously on even my
oldest systems.

(Even so, there may be something else causing the OP's problem.  On my
relatively slow laptop, gnome terminal opens in about three seconds.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek mindspring com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/