Re: exec of init (/sbin/init) failed

Barry Yu wrote:

One of my machine broke downn during the process of updating (with yum), I had to reboot and during the booting up in level 3 a message displayed;

exec of init (/sbin/init) failed !!!: 2
umount /initrd/dev  failed: 2
kernel panic - not syncing. Attempted to kill init!

And the machine just freezes right there!
I powered it down and start it again, same thing happened - FC3 is completely down.
Any solution? Tks

Have you tried booting from a rescue CD or the installation CD1 and examining your init files?