Re: weird behaviour with 'less'

On Apr 8, 2005 3:29 PM, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo gmail com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005 3:53 PM, Gustavo Seabra <gustavo seabra gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am experiencing a weird behaviour of the 'less' command. I wonder if
> > anyone else has it. It looks to me that everytime I invoke less, like
> >
> > > less somefile.txt
> >
> > it re-sources my .cshrc before executing. For example,
> > [...]
>
> Did you maybe alias 'less' to something funny? Does it behave normally
> when you explicitly run /usr/bin/less?
>
> This isn't happening to me but I don't run csh or have a .cshrc.

Nope, no alias. and /usr/bin/less <myfile> has the same result. I'm
using tcsh, but that shouldn't make any difference, I believe. (Or
should it? Why?)

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
If at first you don't succeed...
                              ...skydiving is not for you.