KDE Issues

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 21:35:39 UTC 2005

Richard Crawford wrote:
> On Friday 08 April 2005 14:03, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com wrote:
>
>>None of these items are available if I right click on the panel. The
>>battery monitor is a checkbox in the control center, for Kmail it's in the
>>Kmail configuration (Enable System Tray Icon) and the redhat up2date icon
>>is in Kmenu-->System Tools.
>>
>>The items that do show up via a right click on the task bar work fine.
>

> Huh.  All I can think of is that you might have missed some files when doing
> your yum update.  Perhaps someone else has better insight than I do.

Just a guess, but Could be the icons... Did you install any private icon
sets ? If so try removing them or switching to a default set.

Otherwise check you have *all* kde rpms updated

cheers Chris

| Dr Chris R Jones         work   : +44 (0)1223 337324         |
| HEP Group  (rm 882)      fax    : +44 (0)1223 353920         |
| Cavendish Laboratory,    home   : +44 (0)1223 510711         |
| Madingley Road,          mobile : +44 (0)7900 564763         |
| Cambridge, CB3 0HE       email  : jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk   |