Iscsi FC3 [Solved]

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Sat Apr 9 02:37:24 UTC 2005

> To: For users of Fedora Core releases
> Subject: Re: Iscsi FC3
>
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>>Is anyone here successfully using an ISCSI connecter in FC3?
>

> Sure.  I have a test rig of FC3 talking to a volume on a Network
> Appliance F880c.  Works peachy.

I got it working, I didn't realize there was a 2.6.x tree driver.  When
I tried to compile it I got this error:

/usr/src/iscsi2/linux-iscsi-4.0.1.11/driver/iscsi-session.c:491:
warning:
 conflicting types for built-in function "strdup"

Which caused it not to compile.  After looking through the
linux-iscsi-users list an entry from Scott Cranston suggested replacing
all instances of "strdup" in iscsi-session.c.  Its just a hack but It
did work.  I just ran:

sed s/strdup/patchstrdup/ iscsi-session.c > iscsi-session.c.new
cp iscsi-session.c iscsi-session.c.old
cp iscsi-session.c.new iscsi-session.c

After it compiled cleanly and I could start iscsi with no problems.

	-Mike